Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bella Gets Ready for "V" Day

Pibil
I know this is totally random, but after reporting yesterday on pibil, the Maya specialty found at the Cacoa Festival in Punta Gorda, I just read today that Geo's Hideaway in San Pedro  has a weekend "Pibil Bonanza." Just when you think you can only get this slow-roasted specialty at remote locales, here it pops up in our own back yard. By the way, Geo's also serves marinated arracheras. Wow!

Yo, mon!
Not being one to judge, I'm still thinking it just may be time for Grandma Jane to leave Belize--now that the dreadlocks have grown out. The new hair style should really go over big at the Sikeston Country Club in southeast Missouri. Once again, her children are mortified. In a related incident, Tom asked his barber, Mustafo, to "just cut it short." Mustafo did. End of story.

Tomorrow morning is "V" Day. I'm scheduled to go to the vet for xrays and who knows what else to determine what's going on with my bladder. My faithful and concerned readers will be glad to know that I still have a pretty good appetite, but I'm sleeping a lot and have a very difficult time going pee-pee. I'd be plenty happy if you prayed for me. Surgery is not out of the question. Thanks.



This bad boy is living at our house--well, in the front yard. He/she (I mean, who really knows) is actually pretty tame. It eats grass and herbs and generally just hangs around. The creepy thing about iguanas, though, is that they have three eyes. (I'm not making this up.) The "parietal eye" is very small and sits on the top of the head. If you're interested, it serves primarily as a kind of radar/motion detector, but I still think it's creepy. And here's another heads up from your faithful reporter: Only eat green iguanas. The grey ones will make you really, really sick.

Which reminds me, in a recent post I indicated how good the barracuda was that we ate--and even gave you a recipe. Well, scratch that. We just met a guy whose entire family of eight people got sick and almost died from eating barracuda.I have now learned that barracuda are bottom feeders and are inclined to ingest some really bad heavy metals like mercury. Stick with fish sticks. Of course, I'm partial to Iams ProActive Health Dog Food for adult small & toy breeds.


A Friendly Game







An "Uh Oh, Look Out" Game


In a recent phenomenon, the women who live in and visit our house are playing dominoes on an increasingly more frequent basis, and, frankly, I'm getting a little worried. Phrases like "You're cheating" and "Don't make me rearrange your face, girl" are becoming far too commonplace around here! Play nice, ladies. Play nice. To be fair, Shelley mostly just says, "Have I won yet?"

Y'all come visit and bring me some Iams ProActive Health Dog Food for adult small & toy breeds with you. Don't make me rearrange your face. You're gonna love Belize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Comments, Please